In a word…EFFICIENCY.
Everything has its value. Imagine that everything that touches your life has a sticky note attached to it with a number from 1 to 10, connoting its value. Your grandchild is a 10. The neighbor’s yapping dog in the middle of the night a 0. What about your car? Your favorite Christmas ornament? Your cell phone? Your spouse? Your chiropractor? All 10’s right? What about your health? 10. What about your time? 10.
I’m the same as you, so as I have been refining The Lindwall Method over the years I have always looked to balance my time and my health. I say “my” time and “my” health because I am my first patient. I am the Guiney pig. I only pass on to you, my second but vastly more important patient, what I have first approved for myself, my own spine, my own health. If I need it so do you. If I don’t need it neither do you. Why would I give you something that I don’t need? That would be a waste of your time. I don’t like to waste my time so I won’t waste yours. It’s about EFFICIENCY… and NECESSITY. What’s necessary for your spine? Adjustments. Disc Pump Exercises. Deep tissue therapy.
SO, AGAIN, WHY SHOULD I DO THE DISC PUMP EXERCISES?
1) HYDRATION – The discs in your spine have no blood supply, no blood vessels feeding them food, water, and oxygen. They rely completely upon the vertebrae above and below to feed them passively through diffusion, through a process called imbibition, or what I call the Disc Pump. When the joint moves, nutrients are pumped from the bone to the disc, keeping the disc healthy and hydrated, full of water. It works like pumping water from a well. You have to pump the well handle all the way up and all the way down, over and over again, to get the water flowing.
2) KEEP WHAT YOU GOT – If you already have a disc or two degenerating, you know what it looks like on x-ray. You know how serious it is. If you don’t have one yet, you likely will someday, especially if you don’t take care of them. Discs are made of cartilage and adult humans don’t make cartilage. So the amount of cartilage that you have right now while you are reading this is the most you will ever have. When you lose it you will never get what you lost back, no matter what supplements you take.
3) MOTION – When I make an adjustment, I am slowly, one adjustment at a time, restoring motion to a fixated joint in your spine. That’s my job. Your job is to reinforce my job. By doing the exercises you help to make my job last longer.
4) INFLAMMATION – When the bones move better, the inflammation goes away faster, stays away longer, feels better.
5) SCAR TISSUE – You help to keep the all-damaging scar tissue from returning to your spinal joints.
All in all, you get through Intensive Care faster, through Reconstructive Care faster, and into the least expensive Wellness Care fastest. You save time, health, and money. That’s why.